What is Creatine Monohydrate?
Creatine monohydrate is one of the most widely used supplements in the fitness world due to the large amount of scientific evidence supporting its efficacy.
It is composed of 3 amino acids: L Arginine, Glycine and L Methionine. The main purpose of this compound is to enable the rapid synthesis of ATP and contribute to increasing the efficiency and intensity of work in the muscle.
Its convenient powder format means that you can prepare the optimum amount for your body in just a few seconds and enjoy its many properties. It is a supplement that acts by saturation.
The benefits of creatine supplementation
- Contributes to the improvement of sports performance in different disciplines of strength and power, fitness and bodybuilding.
- Improves muscle contraction-relaxation, increases performance and strength levels.
- Prevents muscle mass loss (catabolism).
- Helps muscle mass gain.
- Benefits muscle and nerve cells by increasing their capacity for energy resynthesis.
- Provides a higher degree of cellular hydration, making the muscle mass look more swollen and voluminous.
- It delays the onset of muscle fatigue.
Does creatine retain fluids?
No, the increase in fluids occurs at the cellular level, giving a more voluminous appearance in terms of muscle quality.
This effect is not related to what is commonly known as fluid retention caused by renal, hepatic or circulatory malfunction.
Instructions for use
No pre-loading phases are necessary. It is recommended to take 0.1 grams per kg of body weight per day before training. In other words, if a person weighs 80 kilograms, he/she should take 8 grams of creatine monohydrate.