What are chia seeds?
Chia seeds come from a plant native to Mexico and Guatemala called Salvia Hispanica. In recent years, it has become very popular among people due to its numerous properties and health benefits. Chia is considered a superfood.
One of the most important uses of NutriMarket Bio Chia Seeds is related to weight loss, and it does so through two ways. On the one hand, chia has the ability to accelerate the metabolism, and on the other hand, it has a satiating effect that will make your appetite is reduced.
NutriMarket Bio Chia Seeds is an ideal choice for all those who want to lose weight naturally. In addition, it is a vegetable source of omega 3, suitable for vegans.
What are the properties of Chia seeds?
- It has a high amount of fibre: it improves intestinal health, as well as controlling excess bad cholesterol, sugar and blood pressure. It also provides extra satiety. It has approximately 20% fibre.
- Great antioxidant power: it contains keracetin, kaemppferol and myricetin, among other antioxidants. It favours the improvement of the immune system and fights against free radicals.
- High protein content: it is notable for its high content of this macronutrient, unlike other seeds.
- Provides Omega 3: chia is a source of essential fatty acids. Omega 3 is necessary for maintaining cardiovascular health, regulating cholesterol and also has anti-inflammatory properties.
- Although omega 3 comes mostly from animal foods, chia is an ideal source to meet the requirements, especially for vegans and vegetarians.
- Vitamins and minerals: chia is an excellent source of vitamins C and E as well as B vitamins. It also has minerals such as iron and magnesium.
How to use chia seeds?
Unlike other types of seeds, chia seeds can be consumed in two different ways: either ground or whole.
It is recommended to leave the chia seeds with water, juice or milk so that they are hydrated and we can benefit from all their properties. They are ideal for use with oatmeal, yoghurt, fruit and kefir.