What is Pro Casein?
Casein makes up 80% of the total protein found in milk. The most peculiar characteristic of this type of protein is its slow absorption and digestion in the body. When we ingest it, it acts in such a way that it forms micelles in the stomach that take a long time to be digested and as a result, it also slows down its absorption.
The release and absorption of amino acids from casein can be prolonged for a period of time of 3 to 7 hours. As a result, micellar casein is the most optimal type of protein to take during periods of fasting, before sleep or at times when we are not going to ingest protein. The amino acid supply it provides is progressive.
Casein Pro is a protein of high biological value: coming from milk, a source of animal origin, it has all the essential amino acids. Its great digestibility without causing any discomfort is due to the fact that it has been enriched with the Digezyme digestive enzyme complex.
Pro Casein is recommended for all those who want a sequential and prolonged release protein supplement.
What are the benefits of Life Pro Casein?
Gain and maintenance of muscle mass
In periods of fasting or lack of nutrients, where no food is ingested, the body can enter a catabolic state and thus lead to loss of muscle mass.
Casein contributes to its maintenance and promotes the recovery of damaged fibers after training. It nourishes the muscles and provides the necessary amino acids for a longer period of time than any other protein.
The main characteristic of this type of protein is that it is released much more gradually and slowly compared to other types of protein.
It is the most recommended protein source for fasting periods and before sleeping and to achieve a great contribution of satiety when consuming it (due to the micelles and the time it belongs in the stomach).
High biological value
It is a source of protein of high biological value: coming from milk, it has all the essential amino acids so it will not be necessary to supplement with other supplements or foods to achieve this correct contribution. Essential amino acids cannot be produced naturally by the body.
Adherence to a healthy diet
Life Pro's casein powder with different flavors can contribute to achieve adherence to different dietary plans and improve the dietary patterns of athletes and people with active lifestyles, as well as for all those who are starting to take care of themselves. It allows the preparation of delicious shakes or recipes, because its texture is much creamier than that of other protein sources.
The properties of Casein Pro
Micellar casein only
Casein Pro is made only with micellar casein as a protein source. No other type of protein has been used in its composition.
- Casein Pro has been enriched with Digezyme, a proprietary blend of digestive enzymes. Casein Pro, contributes to promote a correct and slow digestion, without producing heaviness or stomach discomfort that may occur due to the time required for this type of protein.
- Digestive enzymes are found in the digestive system and their main function is to break down food into small molecules so that they can be absorbed by the intestine later.
- Improves digestion as they intervene in the breakdown of fats, proteins and carbohydrates.
- Contributes to reduce problems related to heavy digestions and acidity.
- It is a great help for all those who have reduced enzyme levels.
- Casein Pro is GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) certified and guaranteed.
- Casein Pro has been produced under the standards and norms, applying the most rigorous quality standards according to current legislation.
- GMP is established to ensure optimal product quality. It avoids the possible contamination that can occur, establishing a quality control system: it does not contain and is free of illegal substances and impurities.
How was the flavor of Casein Pro achieved?
- Casein Pro has been sweetened in its 9 different flavors with sucralose.
- Sucralose is a sweetener characterized by its safety for human consumption and the fact that it does not contribute calories to the body. It is obtained from sucrose.
- It is a sweetener suitable for diabetics because it does not influence glycemia or blood sugar concentration.
- It does not alter glucose or insulin.
- It is one of the safest sweeteners for human consumption.
How to take Pro Casein?
Dissolve a 30 gram scoop with 200-250 ml of water, milk or vegetable drink of choice. Take 1 or 2 times throughout the day, especially at the time close to sleep or before starting a fasting period.
When to take Pro Casein?
The most recommended time is in prolonged periods where we are not going to eat food.
During intermittent fasting, or due to day-to-day circumstances, such as sleeping: to avoid catabolism, i.e. loss of muscle mass thanks to the sequential release of amino acids.
Post-training: in order to repair fibers damaged during training.
Before sleeping, since we will be between 6 and 10 hours without any protein intake.