What are healthy snacks?
healthy snacks are foods that, thanks to their format and nutritional composition, allow you to enjoy tasty and healthy foods, without having to prepare them, that will accompany you at any time and in any place.
Conventional snacks are characterised by being high in fats, sugars and low in protein, vitamins and minerals. healthy snacks are lower in calories and higher in protein. They help you stick to your favourite flavours.
In addition, they are made with better quality ingredients, a complete composition and one of their main advantages is the convenience and ease of being able to transport them with you anywhere, as they do not take up space and do not require preparation.
The ideal time to take snacks can be: before the main meals, such as mid-morning, before the main meal, after breakfast, or in the afternoon: between lunch and dinner, with the aim of staying satiated and providing the necessary nutrients to the body: you can also use them as a dessert.
Another ideal time to include them throughout the day is before a workout to give you the energy you need. You can find all kinds of healthy snacks: sweet and savoury, such as biscuits, muffins, doughnuts, chips, muffins etc.
What makes a snack healthy for the body?
Healthy snacks are designed to nourish you, to prevent hunger in between the main meals you eat throughout the day.
- Low carbohydrate : for people who want a calorie deficit, diabetic or ketogenic diet. In addition, we can find alternatives with a low glycaemic load and a low glycaemic index.
- Lower sugar content : the sugar content is often zero or very low compared to traditional snacks. Natural sweeteners or sweeteners are used to achieve their taste.
- Lower fat intake : the amount of fat they have is reduced. Switching to healthy options such as those derived from nuts, unrefined oils, etc.
- To choose a healthy snack, it is important to look at its composition and choose the one with the values that best suits our goals and tastes.
- Higher protein : they are usually enriched with one or more protein sources.
What are the benefits of healthy snacks?
Between meals, at the gym, before training or on any occasion when you feel your appetite is increasing, healthy snacks are your ally to achieve your goals, not to skip the meal plan or diet you may follow.
More nutritious alternatives:
They are healthier and more nutritious than what you can find in traditional snacks. Healthy snacks are a more nutritious option, with better nutritional values and ingredients used.The fat content is lower, as well as the carbohydrate content, as it can vary
The protein content is much higher, helping you to meet your daily requirements and maintain your muscle mass.
Between the hours between main meals, snacks help to keep us satiated between meals, as well as avoid possible cravings.
They are an alternative to conventional snacks that help you stick to your diet, skip the bread and still eat nutritiously and healthily.
Wide variety of snacks
A wide range of healthy alternatives: the growth and increase in the number of people looking to look after their diet and improve their habits has resulted in an increasingly diverse range of healthy snacking products.
Practical to carry
The healthy snacks are designed so that you can take them with you wherever you go: e.g. to work, to train or for outdoor activities. They don't take up much space and you can feed yourself and enjoy their taste and satisfy your appetite.
There are organic snacks that care for and respect the environment. A variety of ingredients used are grown in an organic environment.
Suitable for intolerant people
Snacks for all types of people suffering from food allergies and intolerances: There is a variety of healthy snacks made without gluten, lactose or other allergens.
There is also a wide range of snacks for vegans and vegetarians.
What healthy snacks are there?
We offer you a wide variety of healthy snacks, both sweet and savoury, so that you can choose your favourite:
Healthy sweet snacks:
In order not to leave your favourite sweets behind: you can find biscuits, cakes, biscuits, croissants, muffins etc.
They are ideal for all people with a sweet tooth. In addition, their sugar content is much lower and they have a higher protein content. They keep all the flavour of your favourite cakes and biscuits, but with a low carbohydrate content.
Healthy savoury snacks:
A wide variety, so you don't have to give up your savoury favourites. You can find everything from croutons, breads, nuts, etc. with lower carbohydrate content, wholemeal flour and no added sugars.
Who are healthy snacks recommended for?
Healthy snacks are recommended for:
- Those who do not have enough time to cook for various circumstances and want to enjoy healthy food that does not require preparation throughout the day.
- People who want to improve their diet and take care of it by making small changes every day: healthy snacks contribute to maintaining a balanced and healthy diet.
- People aiming to increase their calorie intake throughout the day: either with the aim of gaining muscle mass or gaining weight in general terms. Its protein intake contributes to the gain and maintenance of muscle mass.
- Avoid a strong feeling of appetite or anxiety towards the next meal: especially for those who are looking for a nutritious and healthy alternative to take between meals and not be so hungry after their main meal.
- People who want to reduce their body fat percentage, who want to lose weight as a goal and are looking for alternatives with a lower caloric intake than traditional snacks.