What are diuretics?
diuretics are supplements that help to eliminate fluid retention due to various causes.
fluid retention occurs when there is an imbalance in the body's fluids, which can occur for various reasons, such as poor diet, lack of exercise, too much salt, taking medication or even pregnancy.
A diuretic helps to eliminate these liquids that have accumulated in the body, to reduce the heaviness they can cause and the sensation of volume or swelling.
To avoid fluid retention it is advisable to maintain a balanced diet, drink more than 1.5 litres of water a day, be physically active, limit consumption of ultra-processed foods and reduce sodium intake.
What are diuretics for?
- The main function of diuretics is to reduce and eliminate fluid retention in the body
- They promote a visual improvement of body composition
- Help to eliminate swelling caused by
- Can help fight cellulite naturally
- May promote performance enhancement by eliminating the feeling of heaviness
- Aid momentary weight loss
What diuretics can we find?
Diuretics can be found in various formats and with different compositions:
Among the most common ingredients we highlight its action as a diuretic:
- Horsetail extract
- Different teas, among the most commonly used green tea and black tea
- Dandelion extract
- Guarana extract
- Hibiscus extract
Can be found on their own or in combination.
- In capsules: the most convenient and quickest way to take diuretics
- Liquids: among the most common form, vials.
- Teas: to prepare infusions.
What are the side effects of diuretics?
When taking a diuretic , it is common to lose body weight. This loss is not fat, but fluid or water that has been retained.
One of the most common effects of diuretics is an increase in the amount of urine produced after taking them.
Do not abuse or over-consume these products. They can be an occasional help.
Frequently asked questions
How do diuretics work?
Diuretics help to remove salt (sodium) and water from your body . Most of them help your kidneys release more sodium into your urine. The sodium takes water out of your blood, decreasing the amount of fluid flowing through your veins and arteries . This lowers blood pressure.
How are diuretics taken?
If you only need one dose a day, you can take the diuretic in the morning so you can sleep through the night instead of getting up to go to the bathroom. Avoid alcohol and medicines that help you sleep . They can make side effects worse.
Are diuretics bad for the kidneys?
Doctors use these drugs, also known as diuretics, to treat high blood pressure and some types of swelling. They help the body eliminate excess fluid.