What is a caffeinated pre-workout?
This type of pre-workout has caffeine or guarana, natural stimulants of the central nervous system, as its main source. Caffeine is one of the most widely used supplements in the world of fitness and exercise. It acts directly on the central nervous system and inhibits adenosine, the compound that makes us feel tired.
Apart from one or more sources of caffeine, pre-workout supplements are often combined with amino acids, carbohydrates or other types of supplements that also contribute to energy production and performance enhancement.
A pre-workout with caffeine is recommended for those who want to increase their energy level, mental focus and delay fatigue.
Caffeine begins to act in a period of time of between 15 and 60 minutes depending on the type and dose in which it has been consumed. The amount of caffeine or guarana that a pre-workout may contain depends on and may vary with each supplement. Each person has a different tolerance and can have different effects.
What are the benefits of caffeinated pre-workouts?
- They help improve performance: they improve strength and endurance.
- Caffeine has the ability to increase mental clarity, cognitive abilities, focus and alertness.
- They help you to perform more demanding and intense workouts.
- Many of its other components, apart from caffeine, promote muscle congestion.
- Improve muscle strength.
- Prevent or delay the onset of fatigue and exhaustion:
- Caffeine has a thermogenic effect: it can help with fat loss.
How to take a pre-workout with caffeine?
Consuming a pre workout with caffeine or other stimulant substances during hours close to sleep can affect the quality of sleep and rest and lead to insomnia. Avoid consumption 4-6 hours before bedtime.
Avoid consumption 4 to 6 hours before sleep.
Its effects: It is recommended to take a pre workout with caffeine in a period of time before training of between 20 to 40 minutes.