Although it is always said that ergocalciferol or vitamin D2 is of vegetable origin and cholecalciferol or vitamin D3, of animal origin, we can also obtain the latter from the raw material of vegetable origin, taking into account the importance that its effectiveness at the level of the various functions it performs in the body is superior compared to vitamin D2. Therefore, Life Pro's Vegan Vitamin D provides the most active form of Vitamin D, in the form of D3, coming from a vegan, responsible and sustainable source such as seaweed cultivated in Europe from which this material is obtained under control of its quality and purity.
While it is known that Vitamin D3 is necessary for bones, it also plays an essential role in the immune system, so Vitamin D3 Vegan 4000UI LifePro is designed to promote bone health and strengthen our defenses.
As a fact to highlight, it is common to present a serum deficit of vitamin D during certain times of the year or in less sunny areas, however, the reality is that living in a sunny area does not guarantee that we do not have a deficit of this vitamin, since not all people sunbathe directly or indirectly and, even in certain stages of life, such as in women during postmenopause, vitamin D needs may be increased.
Microcrystalline cellulose, rice flour, cholecalciferol (vitamin D) and anti-caking agent: magnesium stearate. Hydroxypropylmethylcellulose coating capsule.
What it is used for:
At the serum level, it is necessary to maintain 25-hydroxyvitamin D3 levels between 30 and 50 ng/ml (75-125 nmol/L). Lower levels can impact bone by decreasing calcium levels, which is associated with increased secretion of the hormone PTH, which will remodel bone mineral content and decrease bone mineral density, increasing the risk of fractures and osteoporosis.
Vitamin D deficiency will also cause weakness at the muscular level and can negatively affect the nervous system, prostate, breast and/or colon, among others since these tissues have a vitamin D receptor that requires the existence of this vitamin to perform its functions properly. In fact, the metabolite of 25-hydroxyvitamin D3, called 1,25 dihydroxy vitamin D, controls up to 200 genes related to cell proliferation and differentiation and is a potent immunomodulator.
Moreover, at the level of the cardiovascular system, vitamin D deficiency is associated with congestive heart failure and blood levels of inflammatory factors.
At the mental health level, vitamin D deficiency is also associated with an increased risk of depression.
On the other hand, an excess of vitamin D, taking into account that it is a fat-soluble vitamin and can therefore be stored in the body's adipose tissue, causing intoxication, can increase calcium absorption and lead to hypertension, as well as other pathologies related to the cardiovascular system and associated with hypercalcemia and hyperphosphatemia.
For all these reasons, maintaining adequate levels of vitamin D is beneficial for multiple functions. For this reason, and given that, apart from the fact that the main source of vitamin D is obtained from the sun, the foods with the highest vitamin D content tend to be of animal origin, without taking into account fortified foods. Therefore, in vegan or plant-based diets, vitamin D deficiency may be more frequent than in omnivorous diets.
Who it is recommended for:
Vitamin D deficiency is a very common situation at the population level. Life Pro's Vegan Vitamin D3 is recommended for all those people who may have this deficit for various reasons. It should be noted that, although it is formulated for people who follow a vegan or plant-based diet, this food supplement is suitable for any type of diet.
Life Pro Vegan Vitamin D3 is ideal for:
- People who do not expose themselves to the sun for the recommended time (depending on the geographical area of each zone, climate, the season of the year, personal schedules, etc.).
- People with bone health problems (osteopenia, osteoporosis, and even people at risk of suffering some kind of problem related to these pathologies, such as postmenopausal women) due to its positive impact on calcium absorption.
- People at risk of sarcopenia or cachexia, such as bedridden or elderly people.
- People suffering from depression, since it improves mood, sense of well-being, and mood.
- People who must follow pharmacological treatments in which they must consume antibiotics frequently, due to their anti-inflammatory power.
- Improves bone health due to its positive impact on calcium absorption, improving bone mineral density, and decreasing the risk of fractures and being able to suffer pathologies related to bone health (osteopenia, osteoporosis...).
- Improves mood, sense of well-being and mood.
- Improves cardiovascular and immune system health.
- Optimizes the functions of the muscle, nervous system, and the different tissues of the body that present vitamin D receptors.
Directions for use:
Take 1 capsule of Vegan Life Pro vitamin D3 per day.
Do not exceed the expressly recommended daily dose.