Vit D&K is a supplement designed by Life Pro which is composed of vitamin D and vitamin K in the same capsule to facilitate a correct daily intake.
Vitamin D and vitamin K are essential for the body. With the new capsules, you can benefit from taking them in a simple and convenient way.
This supplement provides both vitamins in the purest form, and is suitable for vegans and vegetarians.
Each package contains 90 capsules.
The recommended daily dose is 1 capsule per day.
Functions of vitamin D
Vitamin D is the vitamin that we obtain mainly through the sun and is the one in which people with low exposure may have deficiencies
Among the functions it performs we can highlight:
- It regulates the absorption of calcium in the intestine, contributes to strengthening bones, teeth, and joints.
- It contributes to improve and reinforce the immune system.
- It reduces inflammation in the body and oxidative stress.
- It is used to maintain a correct hormonal balance.
- Intervenes in the well-being, concentration, and quality of sleep.
- Promotes proper functioning of muscles and cell division.
Vitamin D and pregnancy
Maintaining a correct vitamin D intake during pregnancy can lead to a lower risk of certain complications, such as avoiding pregestational diabetes or premature birth.
It is also a vitamin of great importance to ensure the proper health and growth of the baby.
Vitamin D is directly involved in the development of children's bones because one of its main functions is to contribute to the absorption of calcium and phosphorus. It also helps to strengthen their immune system.
To determine the right amount, it is advisable to consult a health specialist.
What is the recommended dose of vitamin D?
Regarding dietary recommendations, it should be consumed around 10 mg.
Few foods contain this vitamin, mainly in fatty fish (salmon, sardines, tuna...), a certain amount in egg yolk, milk, meat and butter.
The main source of this vitamin is energy from the sun.
What is vitamin K?
Vitamin K is a fat-soluble vitamin, whose main function is involved in blood coagulation and in the maintenance of bone health.
This complex specifically provides vitamin K2 and MK7 (menaquinone), the most abundant form of vegetable origin in which we can find it.
As for its metabolism, being fat-soluble, it needs bile salts to be absorbed in the intestine and VLDL and LDL lipoproteins for its transport.
Its storage within the organism is scarce, being greater in the liver.
MK7 is a form in which we find vitamin K, biologically active.
Vitamin K2 is especially relevant for activating osteocalcin, a molecule necessary for depositing calcium in the bones and which has a synergistic effect with vitamin D in bone formation and in the prevention of osteoporosis. This complex provides both to act in synergy.
What is vitamin K2 useful for?
- Vitamin K2 helps to conduct calcium from the bloodstream to the bones, preventing it from accumulating in the blood vessels.
- It is directly involved in blood clotting in the body.
- It is a vitamin that plays an essential role in the activity of carboxylases.
- It is involved in calcium regulation. There are different proteins that need vitamin K to be able to bind calcium and be transported within the organism.
- Contributes to the protection of bone tissue, i.e. bones.
- It protects the arteries because it intervenes in the regulation of calcium in the arterial walls. When a deficiency occurs, certain proteins involved in this process may not be activated.
What is the recommended dose of vitamin K?
Among the nutritional recommendations, the daily dose should be a minimum of 90 µg, varying according to sex, age and physiological state.
Each tablet provides 150µg of vitamin K and 100 µg of Vitamin D.